The Open Space and Farmland Plan creates a vision for Pleasant Valley, which encourages residents to act as partners in conservation and remain active and engaged in determining the future of our Town. The purpose of this Plan is to assist in protecting Pleasant Valley’s most significant open space and farmland resources by providing information regarding the importance of those resources, offering a guide through the various voluntary land protection and financing options, and providing short term and long term recommendations that will contribute to the protection of the environmental and economic health of our community.
All chapters are in pdf format. If for any reason your browser has trouble rendering any of these files (especially the presentations), download the file locally to your computer and open it from there.
- Cover, Credits, Table of Contents (2643KB)
- Project Overview (1328KB)
- Local and Regional Planning, Open Space and Agriculture (998KB)
- Natural & Cultural Resource Inventory (37,586KB)
- Priority Areas of Conservation (8620KB)
- Financing the Preservation of Open Space and Farmland (394KB)
- Goals, Action Items and Implementation (414KB)
- Definitions (100KB)
- Referenced Material and Data Sources (91KB)
- Survey Results (151KB)
- Stakeholders Presentation (5355KB)
- Community Engagement Presentation (13540KB)
- Town Board Presentation (4299KB)